Triangle Locations for Gorgeous Photo Session
I am often asked where the best photography locations are in and around the Raleigh NC area. We're so blessed that the Triangle (Raleigh, Cary, Durham) is full of of great locations for photography. They are great for Family Portraits, HS Seniors Portraits, Bridal, Engagement, Maternity and Kids photography. These locations will serve as a beautiful backdrop to capture great photos and preserve your happy moments and memories.
Here's my list of the different places around the Triangle. Check it out and I'm sure you'll find the place you're looking for. I have added photos to some of the locations. More photos will be added soon. Click on the links to find out more information.
Historic Oak View County Park - Southeast Raleigh
This beautiful park is a 19th century farmstead that tells the story of America's agricultural and rural heritage. It features a 19th-century farmhouse, Cotton Museum, cotton fields, large oak trees, pecan groove, brick pathways and historic farm buildings. The park is amazing year-round, but especially pretty in the spring when the trees are flowering and in the fall with the leaves changing. Rustic charm and ambiance.
Historic Yates Mill County Park - Raleigh
This park is beautiful year round. It features the only remaining gristmill in Wake County. It is especially beautiful in the fall. It has many beautiful spots for portraits, including a grass field, a cobblestone walkway, a bridge over the lake and many more hidden spots. The park is very busy with photographers during the fall, so give your self enough time . The best time to visit in the fall is during the week.
NC Museum of Arts - Museum Park - Raleigh
The session will be done at the Museum Park and around the vicinity of the NC Museum of Arts. The park presents a unique setting of arts and nature. Lots of sweet spots to take beautiful photographs. Contemporary charm and ambiance.
JC Raulston Arboretum - West Raleigh
This is a beautiful place with different types of gardens. Personally, I like taking photo session at the Klein-Pringle White Garden. It's an elegant formal garden. There's a rooftop terrace, Japanese Garden, great lawn and also an interesting architecture, benches and trellises. Spring and summer are the best time to visit.
Sarah P. Duke Gardens - Durham
You can take photos anytime of the year at this beautiful garden. Although it's a public garden, Duke gardens requires a permit, an appointment and charges a fee to clients who wants to take photos here.
Page-Walker Hotel Arts & History Center / Downtown Cary - Heart of Cary
The Page-Walker Hotel was built in 1868 as a railroad hotel. Beautiful architecture and has a unique garden behind the building.
Downtown Cary is just a few minutes walk from Page-Walker. Lots of interesting backdrops for beautiful photos.
Pullen Park - Raleigh
This is very popular and busy park especially on the weekends. Plan you visit in early in the morning or on weekdays.
WRAL-TV Azalea Gardens - Raleigh
A garden brimming with azalea blooms during the month of April.
Jefferson L. Sugg Farm - Holly Springs
It's a wide open field, simple and green. Has a rustic atmosphere. A walking distance to Bass Lake.
Lafayette Village - North Raleigh
Lafayette Village is architecturally designed to depict a European village. There's even a miniature Eiffel tower. So, if you want a European feel to your photo session, this is a good place to go.
Rose Garden at Raleigh Little Theater - Raleigh
A historic garden featuring 1200 roses with 60 varieties. It's a very pretty small garden in an urban setting. It's nice to visit anytime of the year. But if you want to visit when the roses are in full bloom, plan your visit around late May till Autumn.
- Downtown Raleigh - Downtown Raleigh has a variety of beautiful backdrops available to you. If you love urban setting, then this is the place for you.
- Fearrington Village - https://www.fearrington.com/ This place is 30 minutes away from Raleigh. It's between Raleigh and Chapel Hill. It's perfect for a country setting. Permit and registration is required in taking professional portraits at Fearrington Village. But they allow photographers to take professional portraiture in Camden park, a 17 acre park adjacent to the Village Center. It's free and registration is not required. It has walking paths, two large ponds, wildflower garden, lawns and other beautiful backdrops.
- American Tobacco Campus in Durham - https://americantobaccocampus.com/ For awesome industrial-chic photos, then you have to schedule your photo session here. It's very popular for engagement photography.
- NC State University Campus - http://www.ncsu.edu/belltower/
- UNC Campus - http://www.unc.edu/interactive-tour/landmarks/
- Downtown Apex - Salem St. - Has a lot to offer whether it's something old or something new and is rich in history. Beautiful colors and textures abound.